Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > European Armoury
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 7th June 2024, 12:26 PM   #1
urbanspaceman

Default Wilkinson Sword left over

I recall that at some point, in the dim and distant past, there were left-over sword parts from Wilkinson Sword being sold on-line.
I have a QE2 silver jubilee (1977) commemorative colichemarde sword that would have come in a wooden display case but was missing from the sale.
The more important thing that was missing however, was the enamel 'royal coat of arms' badge on the grip... this is what I am forlornly hoping might have survived from the left-over spares - somewhere. I can but try!!!
I know that WS commemoratives are not held in the highest regard by certain factions but this is a very fine piece with a hilt of solid silver and gold (profusely hallmarked), plus 2 carats of diamonds (25) in the knucklebow.
What is more interesting is the choice of a hollowed, colichemarde blade which is accurate in every way - including the use of a groove in the lower face, as is found in every colichemarde.
So, just on the very off-chance there is one of those badges out there (or even a 3rd party approximation) I am posting this plea.
Attached Images

urbanspaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2024, 02:22 PM   #2
Will M

I would bet that Wilkinson did not make the crest. Trophy shops tend to make such commemorative items. Perhaps inquiries to these makers may turn up a result?
Will M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2024, 03:56 PM   #3
urbanspaceman

Default With thanks Will

A very good suggestion Will; I am much obliged. I'll give it a go.
urbanspaceman is offline   Reply With Quote