Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Classifieds > Swap Forum
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 6th December 2006, 08:11 PM   #1
Albert

Post New book on African throwing knives

The following book has recently been published. I have not seen it yet, but for the forumites who are interested in African weapons, I think it is very interesting.

It can be found on this link, listed under number 55:
http://www.ethnographicartbooks.com/...=2900565.93702

Albert
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THE CUTTING EDGE. WEST CENTRAL AFRICAN 19TH CENTURY THROWING KNIVES IN THE NATIONAL MUSEUM OF ETHNOLOGY - LEIDEN by A.M. Schmidt and P. Westerdijk.

112 pp.; 83 throwing knives illustrated in colour, 12 b/w 19th century field photographs, drawings, map, biblio.. Exhibition catalogue National Museum of Ethnology, Leiden, 2006. Cloth. Euro 30,00
This publication describes and shows one of the oldest collections of African throwing knives from West Central Africa (Congo) now housed in the National Museum of Ethnology in Leiden, The Netherlands.
The catalogue offers an insight into the diversity of the collection and its fascinating 19th century history.
Albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2006, 09:03 PM   #2
Lee
EAAF Staff

Thumbs up The associated exhibition opens in a few days

I understand that this publication is in conjunction with an exhibition of these 19th century throwing knives at the National Museum of Ethnology in Leiden, The Netherlands, which opens Friday 8 December 2006.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote