Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Classifieds > Swap Forum
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 9th April 2006, 04:16 PM   #1
morovinta

Lightbulb PeAkD Mujahid Barong 4 auction

Greetings from Cebu!!

Item is a Moro Mujahid Barong customed by PeAkd(Zamboanga), a well-done one of one piece which will be a standout in your barong collection in years to come. The superb polished hilt (from old, solid water buffalo horn) bore the arabic inscription MUJAHID. A combo white brass?stainless? and bronze ferrule with fine intricate okir design complement the rough and rugged texture of the carabao horn used as a cover face of the scabbard. All to important First Pillar of Islam Shahadah(Submission)-"There is no god but Allah, and Mohammed is the messenger of Allah" inscription is written on the other side of the scabbard. Blade is forged from an abandoned military jeep leaf spring.

bid starts @ $1500
Measurement

Mujahid Barong Blade
length : 17. 5 inches horn puhan length : 7 inches
width : 2.5 inches
thickness : 1/4 inch
Total Length: 24.5 inches
Barong will be shipped:
1. as a souvenir item (encased in a display box to pass custom regulation)
2. via EMS, UPS or Fedex with online shipment tracking number, (for weight of barong + display box, estimated freight cost= $100)
3. shipped from Cebu, Philippines
4 to subscribe to the buyer protection clause, seller-buyer transaction will be finalized in ebay.com.

thanks,

Dan

Pls PM questions/offer @ morovinta@yahoo.com
Additional Pictures of PeAkd Mujahid Barong:
Photos http://img84.imageshack.us/slideshow...676122neu.smil
Attached Images

Last edited by morovinta; 10th April 2006 at 02:51 PM. Reason: replace image link with new one
morovinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2006, 05:35 PM   #2
morovinta

Default Reply

Thank you for your query. I hope my barong will not displace in any small measure, your enthusiasm to buy. Having made my turf trading moro weapons, I have, with solemn opportunity, watched, felt and test good weapons before they are sent to auctions and or shipped.

If I were a customer in this transaction, I will poke my question the same way you have. I will not be entirely without sense. What treason to view a fair item and see the price rolled out of place. To dispose someone else' barong is easy. As a trader that will be a natural niche. But to part with one that you made and own, how you wrestle with your soul!

The Peakd Mujahid barong is a tribute piece. As a product artist who felt the most discomfort at shallow design, I made every detail on the piece as refined and crisp as possible; the twist and polish on the pseudo-junggayan puhan; the play of grace on the fine okir on the ferrule; the abraded canal on both sides of the length, which will make the visibly thick blade, light yet deadly.

I have skipped the use of the traditional scabbard. I felt that its shape of scroll and inadequate simplicity would blend and lose notice through uncommon times. The scabbard is a combination of black buffalo horn, mahogany, and kamagong ironwood. There is controlled artistry on the scabbard. At the top; the carved scrolls on the enamel bone; the tail that slithers the black tusk; and the snakehead in the crevice of the bone in a poise to strike. On the mouthpiece of the scabbard, arranged are durable luminescent inlays. They emit soft luminescense and make the mouth visible at night for blade reinsertion. Cut inlays from antique brass buckles and etched mother of pearl are present in the scabbard.

On the belly of the scabbard; soft-carved is the emblem of a solo leaf – a remembrance that barong making today is a lonely, abandoned art. A measure below it is clear detail of a falling twig – which is Peakd’ insignia.

Below the scabbard under the name Peakd, are streaks of golden yellow (natural grain flow on the kamagong wood). They put reiteration and remembrance in this barong. That at the end of the day when the craft is gone, the glory in the tribute to barong makers, and this Mujahid barong should not be lost and displaced.

Thanks

Dan
Old 12th April 2006, 10:14 PM   #3
Spunjer

it'd be nice if you would post the question, too...
Spunjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2006, 01:47 AM   #4
Mark

Exclamation

Read my lips: NO DISCUSSION OF ON-GOING SALES OR AUCTIONS.

I have had to delete three posts now. If you guys don't stop with the comments about this offer, I am going to lock the thread and start handing out suspensions.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2006, 03:32 AM   #5
nechesh

I hear ya Boss! But i would like to see the piece in question and the link doesn't seem to work for me. Is anyone else having problems?
nechesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2006, 03:40 AM   #6
Lew
(deceased)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Bowditch
Read my lips: NO DISCUSSION OF ON-GOING SALES OR AUCTIONS.

I have had to delete three posts now. If you guys don't stop with the comments about this offer, I am going to lock the thread and start handing out suspensions.
Comments Withdrawn.

Last edited by LOUIEBLADES; 13th April 2006 at 04:10 AM.
Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2006, 06:14 AM   #7
morovinta

Default Still Photos link

Quote:
Originally Posted by nechesh
I hear ya Boss! But i would like to see the piece in question and the link doesn't seem to work for me. Is anyone else having problems?
Hi Nachesh,

This is a still photos link in case your macromedia flash is not installed. http://www.flickr.com/photos/morovinta.

Thanks,

Dan