Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 20th October 2008, 06:52 PM   #1
ariel

I am sure some of the members are professional valuators themselves.
They know the procedure orders of magnitude better than the rest of us combined.
Perhaps, they can provide an overview; nothing, of course, of personal nature and promotion, but a general outlook: requirements of insurance companies, procedure, choice of valuators, estimates etc.
ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2008, 08:19 PM   #2
Atlantia

Just a couple of quick points gentlemen.
No insurance company I've dealt with will accept digital photgraphs for valuation purposes, they can also be somewhat demanding when accepting the legitimacy of valuers and valuations. This is a minefield area to get into.
Who is liable if a claim is made and the insurance company decides to querey this valuation?
A definate ID of an item should give enough information for anyone to do some searching of sold items on auctions sites etc to get a good idea of current market value without all the inherent problems of subjective valuations.
'For insurance purposes' valuations and 'current market price' are certainly never the same thing.
I agree that any 'valuations service' offered via this site should certainly be entirely separate from it, if for no other reason than to open the forums to such posts may swamp them.

Just my 2-rupees worth!

G.
Atlantia is offline   Reply With Quote