David R

Nice, thanks for posting.
David R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2024, 06:56 PM   #3
Sajen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom22 View Post
H
I saw your thread two days ago but hadn't the time to comment and just wanted to do it but you have removed the pictures!

Sometimes you need a little bit of patience, the interest you can see by the views!
Sajen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:02 PM   #4
Sajen

I've noticed that some people don't show patience when they post their items and show disappointment afterwards when their posts don't get comments.
I know this from myself, see for example here: http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showth...highlight=alor
I've posted the shield in March and got until now not one single comment but over 2000 views, so it seems that there is some interest.
But why did it receive no comments? By my shield maybe because it's a rare item and most of the people never have seen such a shield before!?
But why don't get this nice sikin (so far I remember) no comments? Maybe because there was no question added and we have seen some others before? I only can advise to show a little bit of patience when new members post their items!
Old Today, 02:11 PM   #5
JeffS

I think patience is needed. This is not a huge nor highly active forum and members come and go. Also, the knowlege is highly specialized so many members may not have anwers or even educated comments, they are here to learn. I often read and appreciate posts but have nothing to add. On some, I make a mental note to come back and add my example when I photograph it. I see posts with no response get picked up after a long time when another member finds it on a search. If keen to get a comment, bumping also works well. This forum format works at a different pace than most other social media that may have more immediate response and activity but provides little to no archival value nor captures comments across a long period of time. I hope frequent posters do not get discouraged by lack of immediate feedback. Too bad there isn't a "like" button so at least people can flag appreciation even if they don't have anything to say.
JeffS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:37 PM   #6
tom22

Sorry all , I guess I've been too impatient , I havnt posted many pieces on here ,in fact only one post , I saw there had been alot of views and no comments ,so I guessed it wasn't much interest to anyone , will see if I can upload pics again
tom22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:04 PM   #7
Battara
EAAF Staff

You could repost. Some folks have no idea what to say too.
Battara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:13 PM   #8
Sajen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom22 View Post
Sorry all , I guess I've been too impatient , I havnt posted many pieces on here ,in fact only one post , I saw there had been alot of views and no comments ,so I guessed it wasn't much interest to anyone , will see if I can upload pics again
It would be great when you share pictures of your sikin panjang again!

I have in my collection two of these type, you can them see here: http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showth...=sikin+panjang

Regards,
Detlef