Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > European Armoury
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Yesterday, 03:35 PM   #1
Richard G

Default Russian Shashka

I suspect the moderators won't be too happy with this, being a current auction, but perhaps they will make an exception because of the extraordinary estimate that I doubt will figure in the bidding plans of most forumnites.
Otherwise, please take it down, and I apologise.
Best wishes
Richard
https://auction.apolloauctions.com/l...tsar-of-russia
Richard G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:04 PM   #2
Bob A

It might be of value to save the photos and description for posting once the auction is complete, for history's sake?
Bob A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:17 PM   #3
Jim McDougall
Arms Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob A View Post
It might be of value to save the photos and description for posting once the auction is complete, for history's sake?
Well noted Bob, and I agree entirely. The reason for the prohibition of posting of items in live auction etc. is due to obvious potential for litigation resulting from publicly posted comments which might impair auction results.

Once the auction is complete of course, that potential is virtually ended, but of course common sense must prevail in open comments concerning weapon sales issued publicly. I am no lawyer, but this is how I see these situations.

As noted, this is a most important sword historically, and the monetary matter is for me, inconsequential. The history of the sword itself is fascinating regardless, and would make for great discussion as to the nature and characteristics of the shashka itself. Interesting it is ex -Mollo collection!
Jim McDougall is offline   Reply With Quote