Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29th August 2012, 03:25 PM   #6
mross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantia
Looks like a bargain! Did you win it MrRoss?
I bet all that 'fossilised' grease/cosmoline/varnish or whatever it is on the blade will come right off and it's going to be a beauty underneath.
Yes. I did snag it. I saw it there and figured that won't last long, since it looked like a good solid "user" at a very good price. Since it was there for longer than I expected as it was a "Buy It Now", I grabbed. You all are right it does need a lot of TLC. The grip is loose and the wrap while old is not correct. I also don not think the baca-baca is original as the fit is "off". The gold color is old varnish or shellac, it will come off as soon as I get time. I'm curious to see if the blade is lamenated.

The main reason I posted this is it did last so long on a buy it now, that coupled with very few moro discussions on this forum led me to believe interest might be slowing. There was a time when almost every week someone posted a really nice piece for discussion.

Battera, I have noticed there are very few real high end pieces anywhere. Hopefully we are just in a down cycle.
mross is offline   Reply With Quote