Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Keris Warung Kopi
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22nd February 2022, 10:11 AM   #1
milandro

Default What do you think , in general,about Naga krises? And these?

I’ve bought a job lot of krises with the idea of keeping some but perhaps not all (but who knows what I’ll do!).

There were two with a Naga blade , one which is iron but brass plated ( I don’t think it is gold ) and the other one similar to the merak-naga that I had on another kris which I talked about and then sold to a friend.

the second example has a special Sarong and Hilt, the brass example needs some parts or part adapting and a bit of work to reattach and shape the warangka (ill fitting)

Now I was wandering what the opinion on this type of blade would be. It is certainly elaborate and probably “ modern” but , my question is, how do you, esteemed connoisseurs feel about them? Is the intricate carving competely done by machine? Is this done by a Pantograph milling machine? Te plating of the brass one seems to be VERY well made (it is magnetic!).

Sorry about the pics, I usually do this with a camera but not this time.

(Moderator Edit: The brass covered keris was removed because it is an active auction.)
Attached Images

Last edited by David; 23rd February 2022 at 08:54 PM. Reason: spelling
milandro is offline   Reply With Quote