Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > European Armoury
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14th November 2010, 05:44 PM   #1
Cesare

Default 1439 o 1509 ?

Salve a tutti
Mi scuso per la mia prolungata assenza
e propongo agli amici del forum queste due chiaverine (non ho trovato un termine inglese per tali armi). Queste armi evolsero in partigiane tra la fine del 1400 ÷ inizio del 1500.
Sono certamente collegate ad uno dei due importanti assedi che hanno coinvolto la fortezza di Legnago.
Il primo nel 1439, durante la guerra tra il Sacro Romano Impero e la Repubblica di Venezia
Il secondo nel 1509, all'inizio della guerra tra la lega di Cambrai e la Repubblica di Venezia.

Ritengo sia più probabile che tali armi siano collegate alla battaglia del 1439,
ma attendo l'importante l'opinione degli amici del forum prima di schedare tali armi.

Grazie
Cesare

Hello
I apologize for my prolonged absence
and propose to the friends of forums these two "Chiaverine" (I did not find an English term for such weapons). These weapons evolved into partisan between late 1400 ÷ early 1500.
They are certainly linked to one of the two major sieges involving the fortress of Legnago.
The first in 1439, during the war between the Holy Roman Empire and the Republic of Venice
The second in 1509, at the beginning of the war between the League of Cambrai and the Republic of Venice.

I think it's more likely that such weapons are connected to the battle of 1439,
but expect the important opinion of the friends of the forum before filing such weapons.

Thanks
Cesare
Attached Images

Cesare is offline   Reply With Quote