|
17th June 2024, 03:02 AM | #1 |
|
Help with a couple old metallic arrow points
I purchased these two arrow points together. I believe the leaf shaped steel point is Cordilleran Peoples/Igorot, from Luzon. There’s some fine carving on the shaft behind the plant fiber bindings.
The other, barbed point is a mystery. It’s made from non-magnetic metal, perhaps brass? It’s quite thick and heavy. I wonder if they were collected together in the Philippines, or if the barbed tip was collected in South America or elsewhere? The shaft on this point is cane or a cane-like material. I feel the twine binding covered with a waxy substance is common in South American arrows. |
23rd June 2024, 07:17 PM | #2 |
|
Arrow Heads
Good question however you may be on the money where you got the items; after all South East Asia has the biggest array of Arrow Heads outside Africa. The arrow shafts as you point out are cane/bamboo and again point to the area they were found. Regretably I dont know of a World Arrow Head directory but as I said this is a great question and I hope something turns up.
Regards, Peter Hudson Note Please see https://www.fightingsticks.de/en/blo...he-philippines Last edited by Peter Hudson; 23rd June 2024 at 07:31 PM. |
23rd June 2024, 10:11 PM | #3 | |
|
Quote:
|
|
24th June 2024, 09:07 AM | #4 |
|
The leaf shaped point isn't Igorot IMVHO, sorry.
Regards, Detlef |
|
|