Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Keris Warung Kopi
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 21st August 2024, 04:15 AM   #1
HughChen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajen View Post
Welcome to the forum HC,

The first shown keris is a nice one, I guess around 1900, not high quality but good, nice and legit. Bali or Lombok I can't say, I think both are possible. You should turn the handle by 180 degree!

The second one has a Javanese Blade, the workmanship of the handle and scabbard is low and I doubt that it's Balinese workmanship, looks Javanese or Madurese to my eyes but I just don't know, mid. 20th century? I've seen similar ones before but I don't know if they are made for selling purpose or for local use.

The third one is very, very nice, I like this blade and the handle as well. Sadly the scabbard is missing, it would be worth it to let made a new one for it. When you mean with "damage" the visible pitting, it's nothing you should bother about!

Regards,
Detlef
Hello, Sajen.

Can you help me ID the Pamor pattern of the first Keris? I've seldom a similar Balinese Keris with so much white part than black part in Pamor.
HughChen is offline   Reply With Quote