View Single Post
Old 28th September 2013, 07:50 PM   #15
Cerjak

Dear Fernando & Iain

The question of authenticity is always the main thing is this kind of expensive weapons and would like to tell you that I know this old knight previous owner of this sword and because he was looking for more technologies I have made trade with him swap with a flintlock gun !Let be serious because I could stay with doubts!
As you know Fernando before to buy I always ask multiple advices to very serious people who have great knowledge on those weapons, and of course it is always on pictures so there is always a risk that they don’t seen something wrong as weight etc…
All of them was positive about authenticity
Also I always ask a live time guaranty on each expensive item I project to buy and this sword came from a professional antic sword dealer who told me that it was previously in the collection from a Swiss land collector.
So the question is how I could be 100 % sure? As everybody know there is so much fakes in auctions Everywhere in France and in Europe some expert in weapon have bad reputation!
But you’re I right when it is too nice we must take care …
I have watch carefully this sword during many hours and didn’t seen anything wrong who had given me a doubt about age , patination …
If is was a copy it will be a fantastic copy and we should see other examples in the market ?
So I need to find the expert in France who could clarify or not the authenticity and if someone could tell me who is the best expert in my France or Belgium it will be nice.
So again thank you for your comments
Jean-Luc
Jean-Luc
Cerjak is offline   Reply With Quote