Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Ethnographic Arms & Armour (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/index.php)
-   Ethnographic Weapons (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   HAD A BLAST AT TIMONIUM (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2079)

Lew 20th March 2006 01:57 AM

HAD A BLAST AT TIMONIUM

Hi All

Timonium 2006 was terriffic I had a great time! My thanks to Artzi and Lee for putting together another wonderful seminar. It was nice to see all the guys and gals from the forum again. Hopefully we can all do this again next year. Health and happiness to all until next time we meet.

Lew

RhysMichael 20th March 2006 03:49 PM

Timonium Bah Humbug ( JK)

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOUIEBLADES
Hi All

Timonium 2006 was terriffic I had a great time! My thanks to Artzi and Lee for putting together another wonderful seminar. It was nice to see all the guys and gals from the forum again. Hopefully we can all do this again next year. Health and happiness to all until next time we meet.

Lew

I don't have time and money to delve into swords from the regions I am already interested in ~grumble ~. Now, thanks to the lectures, I now also have an interest in crucible steels, wootz weapons and african swords and shields. I particularly need to learn more about the Taureg. So I have to find resources for these ~sigh~

Kidding aside the lectures were wonderful. Thanks again to Artzi, Lee and all the presenters and people who brought swords. I am always amazed by the depth of knowledge of the people who frequent this forum. I had a wonderful time and cannot wait for the next one. I am also waiting impatiently for the catelogue Mark informed us of about the exhibition in Macau. It sounds like good things on the horizon.

Ann Feuerbach 20th March 2006 10:18 PM

Hi all! I too had a wonderful time. It was great to see old friends and make new ones! And of course, I learned ALOT. Already have a new project in mind (after I get some grants together for Ric and I to do some melting). So much interesting research, good thing I am still (fairly) young! ;)

Richard Furrer 20th March 2006 11:35 PM

I too had a wonderful time and would like to thank Artzi for the opportunity. Seeing the blades that RS brought and what Artzi had for sale was an education in shape and form for me.
The presentations were very informative and I enjoyed very much putting faces to names.
Good to see Lee and Phillip again. :)

Be well,
Ric

Richard Furrer 20th March 2006 11:37 PM

I too had a wonderful time and would like to thank Artzi for the opportunity. Seeing the blades that RS brought and what Artzi had for sale was an education in shape and form for me.
The presentations were very informative and I enjoyed very much putting faces to names.
Good to see Lee,Phillip and Ann again. :)

Be well,
Ric

RSWORD 21st March 2006 01:17 AM

I concur with everyone in regards to the evening. While some familiar faces were missed, it was nice to see a few "new" faces as well. This was our 5th anniversary of getting together and we are still going strong. Already looking forward to next year!