Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How many HOS Catalogues do you intend to order?
One 6 46.15%
Two 2 15.38%
Three 2 15.38%
Four 2 15.38%
Five 1 7.69%
Six 0 0%
Seven 0 0%
Eight 0 0%
Nine 0 0%
Ten (or more) 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 8th June 2006, 03:37 PM   #1
Mark

Default REMINDER: History of Steel catalogue orders

Posting in the "Pattern of Forging" thread again reminded me that I have been meaning to remind you all to send a request for the catalogue if you are at all interested.

First, sending a request is not a binding order, but rather will demonstrate the true interest and demand for the catalogue to the Museum so that it will get done faster. So, even if you don't actually want to (or can't) buy a copy immediately, but just want to help get it out there faster, please send an e-mail to the Museum.

Let me give a bit of background here. The Macao Museum of Art puts on many exhibitions each year (sixteen last year, seventeen projected for the coming year), in fact, many more than most museums in the world do. So, the staff is always extremely busy. Because of this the catalogue for the History of Steel exhibition was not ready by the opening, something, by the way, Antonio (as an outside consultant) had no control over unfortunately. Of course, its not the Museums "fault," either - its just the ways things are. Anyway, the more people show an immediate interest in the catalogue, the higher it will get bumped up on the priority list of things to do for the Museum and the more resources will be devoted to its completion - i.e., it will get finished sooner.

I want to be clear that it is not a situation where the catalogue isn't getting done. It simply is that a certain amount of staff time is currently being devoted to it based on its overall priority among the various current Museum projects. But if it can become a higher priority, more staff time & resouces will be devoted to it (e.g., two people re-touching photos and doing layout, rather than one, and/or people working exclusively on it rather than working on it in parallel with other projects) and it will be finished sooner

So, please help push this project through faster by writing a quick e-mail to the Museum expressing your interest in the catalogue, including interest in an English-only edition. Here is some information Antonio posted in the above sticky thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio Cejunior
If each of you guys who are interested just emails artmuseum@iacm.gov.mo and just place on the Subject of the Email: Want to purchase History of Steel Catalog or something similar (please let's not have an email stencil, use some imagination ) you may convince decision makers to find a solution which is already being attempted to be solved right now.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2006, 03:54 PM   #2
Andrew

Thumbs up

I echo Mark's request. I can't wait to see this catalogue!

Let's start an informal roll-call to gauge interest on this forum.

I'd like two copies.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2006, 04:02 PM   #3
Mark

I think I need like five (me, brother, sister, father and my niece who loves swords). Maybe one extra.
Old 8th June 2006, 04:09 PM   #4
Lew
(deceased)

You can put me in for 2 copies

Lew
Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2006, 04:25 PM   #5
Andrew

Rats. Didn't even think about Mom. I'll need 4.

I'm going to start a Poll on this thread to see about a count.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2006, 06:58 PM   #6
ariel

Sign me for 2.
ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2006, 07:13 PM   #7
Tim Simmons

I would very much like one, if it is not too expensive.
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2006, 07:55 PM   #8
Mark

Thumbs up

Don't forget to write to the Museum, too. They are the ones who need to hear from you directly.