Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Classifieds > Swap Forum
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 16th September 2005, 03:14 PM   #1
yuanzhumin

Default Taiwan (Formosa) aboriginal

Hello
I'm new on the site.
I'm interested in Taiwan (Formosa) aboriginal items, from any tribes there (Paiwan, Atayal, Bunun, Rukai, Amis, Pingpu, Tsou...).
I'm ready to buy knives, weapons or anything else interesting from these people.
I have a Filipino tribal axe that I would like to exchange against a taiwanese tribal knife. I can't load the photos here as their size is too big. I would send them on request.
Thanks.
yuanzhumin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2005, 03:44 PM   #2
VANDOO
(deceased)

Smile

Welcome to the forum. It sounds like you have a interesting collection and quite a bit of information on the various tribes. You might email one of the moderators and perhaps they can resize your photos and add them for you. I am sure a post on the native Taiwan tribes and weapons would also be welcome on the regular forum as we have very little information on them. I am not sure if I have any good weapons from there but do have a painting done by some tribe from there.
VANDOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2005, 04:23 AM   #3
yuanzhumin

Default Taiwanese aborigines

Thanks for your welcoming. The story of the Taiwanese aborigines and their culture till today is really fascinating. It would take me too long to write here on the subject, that's why I strongly suggest the people interested to go to the Wikipedia site and search for the words 'Taiwanese aborigines'. The article on this subject is well written and quite complete. Myself, I'm a passionate collector of cultural items of these taiwanese tribes. I have collected many pieces, few of them being weapons. For any other informations, more precised, on the subject, I remain avalaible to answer any questions, up to the limit of my knowledge. Just leave a post or email me.
Old 19th September 2005, 03:02 PM   #4
yuanzhumin

Default The photos

Hello
I finally could attach the photos of the filipino axe I would like to exchange against a taiwanese knife. Here they are. Don't hesitate to ask questions! Thanks
Attached Images

Old 1st October 2005, 06:17 AM   #5
yuanzhumin

Default Follow up on formosan/taiwanese tribal weapons

Hello,
I'm doing a little follow up.
Concerning the Taiwanese/Formosan tribal weapons, I didn't receive many offers: only one for two knives that I had to decline as these knives were from the fifties/sixties and not old enough for me (anyway, thanks again to the one that proposed).
Anyway, I'm looking for older stuff, from the Japanese time (before 1945), like the swords/knives whose pictures are shown on the other thread, the one posted on the general forum. Don't hesitate to contact me if you have some of this stuff to sell. Many thanks for reading this post.