Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 28th June 2007, 03:39 PM   #1
Bill M

Default Japanese armor in eBay for $1? Yeah, right!

I feel a little like Ariel in making this post. Another eBay seller taking things to the extreme.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=017

Where I would say, "Read the fine print." There WAS no fine print. I had to ask the seller for shipping cost.

ONLY $700!

He has other armor that people are bidding on (ID kept Private, wonder why). Also you need to wait 3-5 weeks while it is "custom made."

Looks like he will accept a return, but probably won't refund shipping. Har Har!
Bill M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2007, 04:21 PM   #2
asomotif

It is : Buy it now !

What are we waiting for !

Ebay would like us to report seller overcharging on the shippingcosts.
But really I could not manage to report all chinese sellers in the 24 hours that are in a day.
asomotif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2007, 07:18 PM   #3
VANDOO
(deceased)

I BOUGHT A REPLICA CROSSBOW ON EBAY FROM CHINA, THE PICTURES SHOWED NICE BRONZE DECORATIVE FITTINGS. IT WAS A TOP RATE WALL HANGER AT A REASONABLE PRICE EVEN WITH S&H , AS I COULD NEVER AFFORD A REAL ONE AND LIKED IT I BOUGHT IT. THE ONE THAT ARRIVED LOOKED GOOD BUT INSTEAD OF BRONZE FITTINGS THEY WERE ALUMINUM PAINTED BLACK. SO I ASSUME FROM THAT , THEY ARE MAKEING ONE NICE PROTOTYPE USING BRONZE FOR THE PICTURES AND THEN MAKEING LOTS OF SIMULAR ONES USING THE SAME MOLDS BUT CHEAPER MATERIALS TO SELL.

I CALLED THEM ON IT AND THEY APOLOGIZED AND REFUNDED MY BID NOT S&H AND I KEPT THE ITEM . I WOULD HAVE CONSIDERED THE WELL MADE BRONZE DECORATIONS TO HAVE BEEN WORTH WHAT I PAYED EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE NEW BUT ALUMINUM IS NOT. IT IS STILL A NICE WALL HANGER AND I THINK IT WAS WORTH WHAT I PAYED BUT IT WOULD SURE HAVE BEEN A LOT NICER WITH THE BRONZE.

THEY MAY BE DOING THE SAME NOW WITH THE ARMOR AND OTHER REPLICA ITEMS SO DON'T COUNT ON GETTING THE SAME ITEMS THAT ARE IN THE PICTURES WHEN DOING BUSINESS WITH CHINA. IT WOULD SEEM THE REST OF THE WORLD IS NOT GIVEN MUCH (FACE) BY CHINA ESPECIALLY AMERICA.
VANDOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2007, 07:34 PM   #4
Lew
(deceased)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANDOO
IT WOULD SEEM THE REST OF THE WORLD IS NOT GIVEN MUCH (FACE) BY CHINA ESPECIALLY AMERICA.
I agree with Vandoo especially after what went on this past year these fly by night crooks have ended up giving China a bad reputation too much business and money too fast leads to too much temptation. There are only a few reputable companies over there that make good quality reproductions. As far as Ebay is concerned they could not care less as long as their making money so they turn a blind eye to all of this fraud.

Lew
Lew is offline   Reply With Quote