Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 7th May 2013, 03:11 AM   #31
Adriboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriboy
Hi.
Thanks to Ibrahim and Bantaru..

What you said about colours and the colour spectrums are right..

Also when I look to the micro structures with 3x2times and 10times magnifier of this hilt are right : the hair strands-thin spaghetti, the orange peel are totally right..

Physically morphology ewith naked eye catching plus using magnifier also right : what we have here that all woods, stones, animal lijke deer, cow, sheep, crocodile, wild boar, cattle, water buffalo and else, are totally different in their kind of element part, body parts, horn, bones, with this kind of hilt..

Many photos in this forum about the microstrustures of rhino and also by searching in google (thanks for them), that have similarities with the hilt I have..

But why somebody said this hilt is (maybe) a cattle horn, carabou horn or deer horn, or water buffalo horn or common or domestic horn.. All are tottally different if we look directly with magnifier to see the microstructures... Do you have unique apecies for unique hilt?

Please give explanation abut it... Because by looking and focus on micro structures, this hilt jambiya dagger of mine, is a real rhino horn hilt, as Ibrahiim, Bantaru and members (thanks to you all) that surely give the excact knowledge about rhino (including history of jambiya dagger from Yemen)..

Regards, Adrian

Many literatures in animal sciences about this kind of rhino horn.. And maybe many proffesional and hobbyist about special weapon and jambiya dagger hre, can give and sharea this knowledge.. Thank you.. Regards, adrian
Adriboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2013, 06:06 PM   #32
Adriboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriboy
Thanks for your opinion..
Finally I just finishing perform the light test : the orange glow is right..

So the test steps are all clear : magnifier to see the hair strands-thin spaghetti-orange peel... Plus direct checking physically from many kinds animal horn at gallery and handcrafting centre + science literatures .. Mine is rhino jambiya dagger..

Yhanks to Iibrahim, Bantaru and friends.. You are right..
Adriboy is offline   Reply With Quote