Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23rd May 2006, 02:42 PM   #9
IainN

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolviex
IainN: I really appreciate your contribution, and I agree with most what you wrote. But reality is cruel and many things are just impossible or very hard to get. DAYLIGHT is great, as natural source. But unfortunatelly it is deadly for many objects like textiles, paper and lately even Japanese lake. So it is not possible to keep it on many exhibitions. Present exhibition is full of daylight (thought because of uniforms it shouldn't be) and there is other problem of reflections on showcase glass - you can hardly see what is inside, and taking pictures is just a horror. So artificial light is the only solution, I think.
As you, I like to have possibility to see objects from all possible sides, and I wouldn't like to change it because many objects on present exhibition is presented that way. But some of them are "mounted on a red fabric background"
We have already very detailed objects descriptions - well don't we have almost perfect exhibition already?
Anyway plans are quite big, money is first thing and there is always lack of it, but I believe the next few years will let us to make one of the greatest arms and armour exhibition in Europe
Regards!
Hi Michal,

I understand that issues surround having natural light on the displays, correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression it was not an issue so much for wood and iron/steel? Perhaps displays of just weaponry could be exhibited in the naturally lit areas? However you obviously have the technical knowledge to know what's possible here. I'm just a museum goer.

My only other thought right now is perhaps looking into anti-reflection glass? A quick google search brought up this company http://www.denglas.com/, but perhaps you are already considering this. Unfortunately I believe it is quite expensive.

As I said before, I'm quite looking forward visiting Krakow this fall, is the Muzeum Narodowe W Krakowie the museum under discussion?
IainN is offline   Reply With Quote