Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons

Old 10th July 2012, 09:50 PM   #1
NovelsRus

Default Archer - New Koummyas in yet?

Hey, Steve, I recall you'd mentioned something about getting some more koummyas in soon. Have they arrived yet? If so, could you please send photos? I love looking at these daggers even if I don't own them. Owning the knives is secondary to actually seeing and appreciating them, in my book. Still, I'm trying to gather as many into my 'umble collection as possible, including these two recent additions:
Attached Images

NovelsRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2012, 09:21 PM   #2
archer

Default Late Response to Novelsrush

I'm Sorry I just found your question. These are the ones you asked about, plus
a few more. It's bad to be addicted. The first one has a heavy Rhino horn hilt,silver markings are coin type and I can't make them out. The Genoui has a nice light horn hilt. The dates? on the sheath are 1900 and 1298=s 1872.

On the group 4th from left is on another thread. The first and fifth are My trifecta of collecting having great provenance, I'll start a separate thread soon.
The 8th is silver dated by a coin insert 1911, A WWII bring back. The odd colored one is also a bring back and has Rams head hallmarks. The last one just arrived and has a cast steel/iron Hilt and sheath.
Attached Images

archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2012, 09:55 PM   #3
NovelsRus

Default Gorgeous Koummyas, Archer!

And what a terrific provenance for the Bellon daggers. Actually, for ALL of them. This is what collecting is all about: the story behind the blade; the history; whose fist actually clenched these daggers in anger, and how long ago. All very fascinating and quite haunting, as well.
It's an honor to see these, even if only on my monitor. Thanks, Archer!
NovelsRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2012, 10:48 PM   #4
archer

Default Thanks Keep Looking

Thank you all for your comments. I have been extremely lucky and nothing
more. So many of our WWII generation are leaving us daily. Their collections and bring backs come to E Bay poorly listed and missed named or as a buy it now, causes their items to be missed. Using saved searches and looking under the generalist of terms can bring results. After all look at how many daggers are listed as beautiful or gorgeous, using too many adjectives lessens our chances of finding their item Being retired helps too! Thanks, Steve
archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2012, 09:23 PM   #5
Devadatta

Have one piece forged from file
Attached Images

Devadatta is offline   Reply With Quote