Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > European Armoury
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 9th October 2009, 07:05 PM   #1
fernando
Lead Moderator European Armoury

Default New arms museulogic nucleus in Portugal

The Portuguese Association of Arms Collectors (APCA), from which i am a member, has opened last week a little museulogic nucleus, in its premises in Cascais (some 25 miles from Lisbon).
This is considered worthy of note; we are a small country, where arms museums or similar spaces can be counted with the fingers of one's hands.
Actually this association is one of a kind, and its members are no more than around 150 (i am one of their latest 'acquisitions').
It is devastating to remember that, in a country where at a certain time weaponry was its middle name, early examples are nowadays so hard to put an eye on.
As it couldn't be otherwise, the person who volunteered to lend or donate the largest number of ancient specimens to the space, was Rainer Daehnhardt; more than half the early pieces exhibited came from his collection.
The irony is that, although taking pictures was allowed, the photographer didn't take such advantage, due to his skill limitations ... and the sinister reflex of the windows glass.
There will be three sessions of pictures, divided by 'part one two and three' threads.
I am also keeping back all tags and other details, just in case someone cares to know about some of the items.

Fernando

Attached Images

fernando is offline   Reply With Quote