Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > European Armoury
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 9th July 2009, 02:03 AM   #1
ausjulius

Default foreign influence in european arns production?

i was woundering rely to what exstent outside influence effected the development of european weaponry,it is clear that for the most part european weapons have influence the outside would greatly since the 8th or 9th century.. particulary in the near east,
what i am woundering how much influence did europe have from the outside....
i have seen in the past record from the 13 centuary of arabs or persians employed by the english kings to make crossbows.. and composite horn crossbow prods ...

i wounder how much more foreigners there were in the past in europe involved in such work or in other crafts maybe not weapon related..

i guess the bow and sword making in the baltic and in poland must have been influence alot by tatar imergration but i wounder how much.. seems historical records show at one point 105 of the lithuanian population were tatars.. and in poland a large amount also..
i wounder if there was any non european populations in european cities involved in trade or crafts. aspecialy weapons, in the middle ages and what effect they produced...
ausjulius is offline   Reply With Quote