Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28th March 2009, 10:43 PM   #1
Vaarok

Default Can anybody ID this sabre-ish sword?

Hi everybody, sorry I'll probably end up a one-shot wonder who asks his question and then leaves, but I'm far more a bayonets-and-firearms sort than bladed weapons. Thing is, at a local auction I snagged a Japanese Cavalry sword, and this unknown blade, for $55 apiece. I posted over at Gunboards gloating about the Jap Cav Sabre, and a friend who posts there as Trenchwarfare, went ape about the second sword, thinking it a far more significant find. This struck me as odd, because he's a fairly well known collector of Japanese items, and I know the Japanese sword was a great find in great shape.

Me, I tried google, I tried google image search, and I tried using search terms and browsing past threads. No dice.

So, help me sword people, if you please. What do I have, where's it from?

If it helps, the collection being auctioned did seem to have a lot of what I believed to be bladed weapons of Phillipino origin, and Trenchwarfare suggested the blade was Spanish Colonial.

Thanks in advance.

Vaarok is offline   Reply With Quote