Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24th June 2006, 05:45 PM   #32
Wayan

Rick, it is not necessary for you to point out the forum rules to me. Clearly, if you read this entire string, from the start to wherever it is now, you will see that I haven’t violated any forum rules. On the other hand, member Nechesh accused me, and wrote “I don't think you will get very far on this forum disrespecting or diminishing other peoples (sic) cultures.”

THAT was out of line, and completely uncalled for. If you value your forum members by the number of posts they have made, thusly meaning a newcomer has to “pay some dues” or bow in “homage” to other members, then count me out of here!

When you ask about the blawong, I have no idea what you mean. It is not an Indonesian word, nor is it Balinese. I might assume you mean the sarong, or sheath, and if that is the case....A) it is not Jawa, rather it is pure Balinese, and B) the size of Balinese hilts in relation to the kris, and its sarong, is always greater than with any other kris, Indonesian or otherwise. A Balinese hilt, or kris handle is designed to take up the full hand when gripping it.