Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Keris Warung Kopi
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30th September 2016, 01:56 AM   #1
Caedo

Default Keris for discussion

I recently acquired my second keris and thought I would post some pictures. It has a type of pamor miring that seems to be somewhat unusual. The only other example I could find via google was from a 2008 post here on this forum.

Based on what I know about the previous owners, I am guessing that this keris was purchased in Bali, probably around 1999 or 2000. My best synthesis of available Internet material, however, makes me think the dress at least could have originated in Madura or perhaps Lombok. Anyone with a more learned opinion should most definitely correct me.

The individual wires making up the pamor are very distinct, and it makes the blade seem almost like it was not quite finished, the smith having stopped just short of hammering the wires into a solid piece.

My apologies for picture quality and not getting a clearer picture of the...um, handle thing. (If anyone could explain the differences between and/or appropriate usage of the terms "hulu", "ukiran", and "deder", I would be eternally grateful.)
Attached Images

Caedo is offline   Reply With Quote