Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 6th February 2006, 01:28 PM   #1
Radu Transylvanicus

Thumbs up Ultimate swordfighting - GATKA

I developed an amazing reverence to the art I knew nothing before accidentaly bumping into it last year, the Sikh martial art of GATKA. I would refrain on commenting it since I am no expert but I invite you to watch this video involving some of the most amazing weapon play I know, so animate and real. You get to see action with talwars, katars, khandas, firangis, khandjars, maces, spears, shields and others. Its a unique occasion for most of us to ever see this arms to real use. I suspect many edged weapons that ended in Forumites hands might originate here.
Most part of the video has been tapped in southern California at a Sikh fest and in perfect legal and political peacefulness. No one I hope would interprete this in any offensive way, its pure tradition and sport. Sikhs are nor Muslims nor Hindus and somehow in today's society they always are confused with one or the other.
So click on the "BHAI CHARNAJIT JIT THANGSAL WALE" section, sit back and relax... With a little patience the "NIHANG SINGH" section will show you some amazing martial equestrian prowess at least similar to the Cossack...
Here is the link:
http://www.gatka.us/video.html
Radu Transylvanicus is offline   Reply With Quote