Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10th December 2005, 04:10 AM   #1
VANDOO
(deceased)

Default METEOR IN THE RAW

THIS METEORITE WAS IN TOWN AND I GOT TO TAKE A CLOSE LOOK AT IT, HE ONLY WANTED 1 MILLION FOR IT BUT IT WAS TOO SMALL FOR MY NEEDS SO I LET IT PASS
IT WAS COVERED WITH RUST AND IMPACTED DIRT SO THE METAL CONTENT WAS NOT EASY TO SEE BUT THERE WERE ROUNDED PITS THAT SEEMED TO BE MADE ENTIRELY UP OF GREEN OLIVENE CRYSTALS THEY SEEMED TO FORM TUBES THAT RAN THRU THE BODY OF THE METEOR. THE CRYSTALS BEING MORE BRITTLE MOST LIKELY BROKE AND FELL OUT AT IMPACT FORMING THE PITS AS FRESH CRYSTALS WERE EXPOSED. I HAVE SEEN SOME SMALL SLABS OF THIS TYPE OF METEOR AND IT LOOKS LIKE SHINEY NICKEL STEEL WITH GREEN CRYSTALS IMBEDDED IN IT. IT IS QUITE ATTRATIVE WHEN CUT THIN SO YOU CAN SEE THRU THE GREEN CRYSTALS IN THE SHINEY METAL. I TOOK 3 PICTURES ONE WITH ME AND ONE FROM THE OTHER SIDE WHERE THE LARGER PITS ARE AND ONE OF A PICTURE OF A SLAB CUT FROM A SIMULAR METEOR. I HAVE SEEN METEORS CUT INTO SLABS WHICH COULD HAVE BEEN FORMED INTO SPEAR POINTS BY MECHANICAL MEANS, BUT I HAVE NO IDEA HOW BRITTLE THEY MIGHT BE, TO CLEAN UP A METEOR OF THIS TYPE FOR FORGEING WOULD REQUIRE A LOT OF WORK BUT I THINK IT COULD BE DONE WITH THIS TYPE.
Attached Images

VANDOO is offline   Reply With Quote