Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > History of Steel Working Group
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15th November 2005, 02:27 AM   #1
Mark

Smile Welcome to YOUR Forum

Welcome to the History of Steel Philippine Section planning forum. This forum is simply a place where the Philippine Section contributors can communicate, and get organized. The EEWRS is lending its support to the Museum because we believe that this is an extremely unique, important, and probably historic project. When the time comes, EEWRS would like to help publicize the exhibition as well. As individuals, we also hope that letting you know our belief in, and support of, the project will help allay whatever concerns you may have at this point.

I will be acting as Moderator of this forum, and as facilitator of your work. If you do not already know, I am one of the coordinators of the (surprise) Dha Section … I mean, Continental South East Asian Section. Most of the pieces that I have posted on the EEWRS over the years from my personal collection I am contributing to the exhibition. So basically, I am putting my money where my mouth is. Also, since I have been in the midst of this process for several months, I (and others who I will let identify themselves) can offer you advice, insight, and the benefit of experience. I was invited to Macao as the Museum’s guest to view their operations and meet the Museum staff personally. I wrote an article with my impressions, which you might be interested in reading (I have re-written it a little to focus it more on the issues that are likely most important to you right now). See it here.

So, from a personal point of view I can probably answer a lot of questions you have about the process and what it is all for. But let me stress that the planning and decisions are all yours. I am not here to direct, but rather to support you in your work.

There is a lot to do, and not much time to do it. Follow {link removed, see next post} to a page on Antonio's server where I have put up an outline and schedule of what needs to be done, as conveyed to me by Antonio, salted with a few comments and suggestions from my own experience.

Mark

Last edited by Mark; 4th January 2007 at 07:11 PM.