Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 23rd December 2007, 06:09 PM   #1
BBJW

Default Pirate Kukri- Nepalese Naval Kukri?

As per Jim's request. Merry Christmas all and a Happy New Year!!
Attached Images

BBJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2007, 10:05 PM   #2
Jim McDougall
Arms Historian

WOW! Now thats some grouping BJ!!! Thank you so much.
Those cutlasses and naval pieces are very well placed along with the pirate thread, and that kukri is definitely fascinating.
Spiral....come in please!

Anybody out there got a copy of Gilkerson?!!
Jim McDougall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2007, 10:26 PM   #3
carlos

Default OHHHHH

ALL THIS PEACES ARE MARVELLOUS, BUT THE KUKRIE IS PERFECT!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!
CARLOS
carlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2007, 11:36 PM   #4
spiral

Great fun looks Nice! perhaps made for a European in the late 19th early or 20th century I guess or quite likely a marrige, but could not comment seriosly without good closeups & specs. I like it though!

Nepali Hindus dont like the dark sea though, it destroys there soul & eliminates there caste position & risks them entering there own form of purgatory. There sea sickness is legendary. There true landlubbers.

I suspect The only Navy in Nepal has a 2 man canoe on a melting glacial stream though & possibly a rubber dinghy on a jungle stream in the monsoon!

Nice assortment of goodies!

Spiral
spiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2007, 04:28 PM   #5
Arny

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiral
Great fun looks Nice! perhaps made for a European in the late 19th early or 20th century I guess or quite likely a marrige, but could not comment seriosly without good closeups & specs. I like it though!

Nepali Hindus dont like the dark sea though, it destroys there soul & eliminates there caste position & risks them entering there own form of purgatory. There sea sickness is legendary. There true landlubbers.

I suspect The only Navy in Nepal has a 2 man canoe on a melting glacial stream though & possibly a rubber dinghy on a jungle stream in the monsoon!

Nice assortment of goodies!

Spiral
Spiral, are you into slagging Nepalese people on a sword chat room? I happen to have family there and resent your childish stupidity. Lets keep the chat about edged weapons, not childish comments that have nothing at all to do with this forum.
Arny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2007, 04:45 PM   #6
Tim Simmons

Default Happy Christmas

Nepal is a land locked country? I think the comments were made in good humour? I think this is the nearest thing to a Himalayan conection to the sea and navy?
http://www.navy.gov.au/spc/history/ships/nepal.html

Last edited by Tim Simmons; 24th December 2007 at 08:23 PM.
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2007, 04:48 PM   #7
Andrew

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arny
Spiral, are you into slagging Nepalese people on a sword chat room? I happen to have family there and resent your childish stupidity. Lets keep the chat about edged weapons, not childish comments that have nothing at all to do with this forum.

Easy goes it, Arny. Spiral has demonstrated great respect for and knowlege of the Nepalese people on this forum in the past. I suspect you are misinterpreting his comments as insults.

Take a look at his prior posts before taking offense...
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2007, 05:09 PM   #8
Tim Simmons

[QUOTE=Arny]Spiral, are you into slagging Nepalese people on a sword chat room?

Chat room no never!!!
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2007, 08:15 PM   #9
spiral

Thankyou chaps for your awarness of the situation.

Quote:

I know Christmas is a difficult time for many people Arny. But Ill deal with your points one by one, assiuming you posted them with some thought & meaning.

Quote:
Spiral, are you into slagging Nepalese people on a sword chat room? .
No I am not, I dont, & I havent slagged Nepalis off .. that's your error.

Quote:
I happen to have family there and resent your childish stupidity. .
Realy? Fascinating.You clearly havent inherited there humour on this occasion.

Quote:
. Lets keep the chat about edged weapons, not childish comments that have nothing at all to do with this forum.
what ones like. " I happen to have family there and resent your childish stupidity" perhaps?

Not sure what part of my post you actually objected to? was it all of it? Ill try a few guesses as you were unable to be precise in your objections.

1, "Nepali Hindus dont like the dark sea though, it destroys there soul & eliminates there caste position & risks them entering there own form of purgatory." Is a true statement.

2,There sea sickness is legendary. There true landlubbers. This is recorded in numerous ww1 records & books, the genetic strengths which are many do not usually include bieng seafarers. {Look up Nepalese seamen on the net.}

3,I suspect The only Navy in Nepal has a 2 man canoe on a melting glacial stream though & possibly a rubber dinghy on a jungle stream in the monsoon! was tounge in cheek humour, but its also virtualy the truth.

Although according to Gillian Holdsworth they also have a pedadillo painted in military camouflage!

reference. linky

I suggest you Learn a little more about a country you have family in & its geography, religion & customs before commenting so rashly & incorrectly on my comments again.

Thankyou,

Have a good Christmas!

Spiral
spiral is offline   Reply With Quote