Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Ethnographic Arms & Armour (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/index.php)
-   Ethnographic Weapons (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What are you? (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2184)

Andrew 7th April 2006 05:23 AM

What are you?

Okay, before anyone starts abusing me for the way I've split up the options, or the arbitrary exclusion of a particular region/form/culture/weapon, remember the forum software only permits 10 options for a poll.

Oh, and I'm a dhafioso, so I don't really care about anything that doesn't come from Continental SEA. ;) :D

What's your first/best love? If you had to choose only one "category" to focus on, which would it be? In other words, "what are you"? If you don't see your favorite, pick the closest option and qualify your choice in a post.

EDIT: I was able to add two additional categories.

Rick 7th April 2006 05:36 AM

Multiple personalities at this point . :eek:
All of them Muslim or Hindu . :rolleyes:
This is a cry for help !! :eek:

////not really .... :D

Andrew 7th April 2006 05:43 AM

:rolleyes:

You didn't vote. ;)

Rick 7th April 2006 06:15 AM

The poll wasn't up when I read the post ; I was wondering where it was .
Do I have to pick only one ? :o
If so I can't vote because I'm into three categories on that list .
Just polygamous I guess .

//Sorry to be a spoilsport :p

" Pass the bottle ."

Jos. Conrad 'Youth'

Titus Pullo 7th April 2006 06:25 AM

ACtually, it was Chinese, Thai, and Japanese.

Alam Shah 7th April 2006 06:27 AM

One for the keris-lovers...:D All things keris / kris / kriss / creese...
Malay / Indonesian / Philippines

MABAGANI 7th April 2006 07:33 AM

PI whatelse...lolz, but through the ages of trade and conflict the focus wouldn't be complete without studying the cultures of Indonesia, Malaysia, Japan, Indo-Persia, the Middle East, Continental SEA, Africa, America, Europe, China, etc...yes, i'm a mess, then again you need to ask was there really any one group that was isolated and carried no outside influences?

Marc 7th April 2006 09:04 AM

Forced to vote, I had to chose one. BUT. As many here, I'm also polygamous. My focus of research is South Western Europe, but my heart belongs also (in no particular order) to Eastern Europe, Middle East, Indo-Persia, Hindu India, China, Philippines, Japan... err... I DO miss an option labelled "All" in the poll...

VVV 7th April 2006 09:30 AM

Really hard to choose between Indonesia/Malaysia and the Philippines.
But when I had a fast look at my walls I found that the first was in majority so...

Michael

Valjhun 7th April 2006 10:07 AM

If I have to choose... I'll take Nihonto, considering myself a samurai, it is a question about a way of life... :)

Artistically I would choose Indopersian... there is no such option however.

Yannis 7th April 2006 10:25 AM

Nice idea to count the "armies". But it is defently from a Dha point of view :rolleyes:

Why Nepal has the privilege to stay alone there? :eek: I dont see so many blades coming from there.

Why East Europe is all together? Caucasus is a school by itself. And till we have locate the origin of any yataghan type, Balkans are tied to Middle East more than Poland.

Just thoughts. Not a flame :)

B.I 7th April 2006 11:02 AM

just as well george cameron stone is not a member of this forum!!
imagine the grief mrs stone would have as her husband agonises over his inner turmoil.
didnt have any problems myself :)

also, we have a few dhamented moderators, but please know, we can count and if there is a sudden landslide, with a lead numbering in the hundereds for those strange, hiltless weapons, accusations of tampering will be slung :)

Berkley 7th April 2006 11:51 AM

In case my avatar left any doubt....the Great State of Texas casts one vote for the World's Only Hindu Kingdom: Nepal. :)

Andrew 7th April 2006 01:25 PM

lol. You guys kill me. :D

You can only make ONE choice.

You cannot give me a hard time for the way I set up the categories.

This is supposed to be fun. :rolleyes:

Only the Continental SEA category really matters. :p ;)

Andrew 7th April 2006 01:28 PM

Oh, and nothing's preventing you from qualifying your vote in a post once you have made the agonizing choice. ;)

Complaints, however, will be ignored. :D

Yannis 7th April 2006 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew

You have the melon and you have the knife (greek proverb) ;)

But you see, with these categories you opened a gap in the greek front. I voted Middle East and Eftihis voted East Europe!
As far as I know the only difference in our interests is that I love Caucasus stuff and he likes Syrian shamshirs :D

Rick 7th April 2006 03:05 PM

Despots

Quote:

Oh, and nothing's preventing you from qualifying your vote in a post once you have made the agonizing choice. ;)

I heap abuse upon you Sir ........ :D

I did vote though , Indonesia , Malaysia ; now I'm sure that I will receive many cuts from my jealous other mistresses .

"Pass the Bandaids"

R.Bates 'Poll'

nechesh 7th April 2006 04:12 PM

Quote:

Wha??? Was there agony? I chose......and there was nuthin' i could do about it. :D
As for you dhafioso boys, forgetaboutit! The Indonesian Boys Choir :rolleyes: appears to dominate here! :D

VANDOO 7th April 2006 05:09 PM

A VERY DIFFICULT DECISION INDEED :confused: I HAD TO ASK MYSELF WHAT I WOULD COLLECT IF I COULD ONLY COLLECT ONE THING AND HAD TO GIVE UP EVERYTHING ELSE. IT CAME DOWN TO OCEANIC AND ABORIGINAL JUST COULDN'T GIVE UP THE CLUBS AND SPEARS. IN EDGED WEAPONS IT WOULD BE P.I. AND MALAYSIA/ INDONESIA.

galvano 7th April 2006 05:18 PM

vote

Hi
I also vote for the indonesy,le Japan, the tibet.
galvano

Battara 7th April 2006 06:32 PM

Well (being a deep subject and all :D ) I vote PI first, then India-Nepal, Malaysia-Indonesia, Middle East, Scotland, blah,blah, blah. :rolleyes:

Rick 7th April 2006 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nechesh
Wha??? Was there agony? I chose......and there was nuthin' i could do about it. :D
As for you dhafioso boys, forgetaboutit! The Indonesian Boys Choir :rolleyes: appears to dominate here! :D

Not any more Nechesh .
Better rally the troops . :D

Lew 7th April 2006 07:45 PM

Hi Guys

I am equally divided between African and Indonesian :) . I am getting tired of my dha and philippine pieces :( need to keep rotating the stock you know ;)

Lew

nechesh 7th April 2006 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick
Not any more Nechesh .
Better rally the troops . :D

We bounced back! :D
And their WILL be more. If you build it they will come! :)

RobT 8th April 2006 03:16 AM

gaaa!!

Which music is the Best? the Blues, Celtic, Flamenco or Classical? Which ethnic group has the most beautiful women? (Undoubtedly the most arbitrary aesthetic judgement that can be made.) Who has the best cusine? French, Italian, Indian or Chinese? A good (let alone great) blade transcends preferences. So for me it came down to which area produces the greatest number of blades that speak to me. I made my choice for Indonesia/Malaysia and instantly the fair curves of my favorite khukri came to mind. That image was followed by a cascade of other impressions from my collection.
Sincerely,
RobT

Ian 8th April 2006 01:20 PM

Andrew -- look what you've started

The merit of one's position lies not in the numbers that support it, nor the tyranny of the majority, but in the quality of those few individuals who stand up and support the truth.

Dhaguy :D

Yannis 8th April 2006 02:09 PM

A Machiavellian plan. Divide et impera

Andrew 8th April 2006 10:32 PM

Some of the dhafia have yet to stand.... :D

BluErf 9th April 2006 03:27 AM

If we consider half of those votes for the Philippines as votes for the kris, and kris being a close kin of keris, then the keris/kris family has a whopping 1/3 of the votes! :) :)

John 9th April 2006 04:56 AM

My collectibles is predominantly Chinese by far but when it comes to ethnographics it has to be Malaysian/Indonesian. ;)