Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Ethnographic Arms & Armour (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/index.php)
-   Ethnographic Weapons (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Paltik Photos Needed (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=14506)

trenchwarfare 9th November 2011 03:50 PM

Paltik Photos Needed

1 Attachment(s)
Hi guys. I haven't posted here in quite some time. Got frustrated, cuz I wasn't able to post pictures. I am awaiting the arival of a Filippino muzzle loader. I need a good picture of the hammer area. The one coming may have a missing part. I can duplicate it, with a clear photo. It is nearly identical to the gun in this photo. It has a centrally mounted hammer. Any assistance is much appreciated. Would also like to see anyones guns from Southeast Asia, or Pacific Rim. Will try not to make a stranger of myself. I can be of assistance on Japanese military edged weapons, and somewhat Tanegashima. (Matchlocks) Regards, M.P.

trenchwarfare 12th November 2011 01:47 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Somebody... anybody... nothing? No one here collects, or has images of Paltik weapons? Well, here is the gun in question. The only other one I've seen, is the one in the photo. I need a detail of the hammer, so I can recreate the hammer spur. Very interesting, and impressive weapon.

trenchwarfare 14th November 2011 05:33 AM

Looks like there's no interest here. Anyone know a website, where I might find information/photos for Paltik guns of the Insurrection-WWII era?

kahnjar1 14th November 2011 05:58 AM

As you are no doubt aware, the term "Paltik" is a Fillipino word meaning "home made gun". Therefore the hammer spur you are trying to match could in fact be almost any shape to suit. There are quite a number of links if you care to GOOGLE the word.
Regards Stu

trenchwarfare 14th November 2011 10:58 PM

I have googled the word, over and over. All I come up with, are links to this forum, a few references to the "Insurrection", and the rest are links about currently made assault type "paltiks", and the laws against them. I am no novice to research. I came here, because in the past any questions asked about ethnographic guns were answered quickly, and photographically. And yes. I know that just about any hammer spur style will work. I intend to make one as stop-gap, til I find a photo. Thank you for your time, and assistance. M.P.

kahnjar1 15th November 2011 01:40 AM

I sense extreme frustration in your reply, but information can only be imparted if it is there in the first place. I'm sure that we all have, from time to time, received what we perceive as inadequate replies to our posts. It must be remembered that we all have different interests and that the knowledge or reply we seek may not always be forthcoming.
Good luck in your endeavours.

trenchwarfare 16th November 2011 11:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
All fixed now. Just need to get a proper patina going. Sorry for the crappy photos.

kahnjar1 17th November 2011 04:23 AM

Looks good :)